Sunday Plus is a Gospel-centered curriculum which guides a church towards intentional child discipleship. Use of “Specialists” and “Disciplers” enables adults to employ their giftedness as children internalize truth and deepen their relationship with Jesus and to the Body of Christ. Parents too are equipped to diligently disciple their children. All gatherings are age appropriate and filled with spiritual challenge, critical thinking and fun.
(For more information or to order curriculum write firstname.lastname@example.org )
SUNDAY PLUS PHILOSOPHY
Sunday Plus lays out a Biblical Road Map for kids to internalize and thus have only a thought away through their life.
Children are concrete thinkers, Biblical concepts are abstract. It is the responsibility of children’s ministry leaders to teach according to how God hard-wired children to learn. In Sunday Plus we call it REALITY LEARNING — the kids actually experience the Biblical concept of the week.
Critical Thinking — the more children are challenged to critically think through the Biblical truth the more apt they are to own the truth.
Research shows the reason we are losing 70% of our church raised children is due to lack of intentional, individualistic discipleship, thus Sunday Plus is written to enable a church to provide each child a designated Discipler.
To provide excellent child discipleship it is key for a church to have a Tag-Team Philosophy of Children’s Ministry. Primary Nurturers and the Body of Christ walk through life together with each child.
SUNDAY PLUS CURRICULUM
Each week Sunday Plus includes five different gatherings — 3 for children, 1 for parents and 1 for home.
· Kids’ Bible Focus (a mixture of large group, small group – changes from week to week)
· Kids’ Corporate Worship (worship in large group, debrief in small group, recreation in large group)
· Kids’ Midweek Celebration (review of facts, truth and application)
· The Shema Focus (a parents gathering of study, support and accountability related to Child Discipleship)
· Family Discipleship (a family activity/study, Spirit Moments — teachable moments, and a Parenting Tip)
Below are three samples of the curriculum, each includes all five gatherings.
SPIRITUAL LIFE SKILLS
Daily Bible Reading