I have worked with children and families for over 40 years in both secular and Christian settings.
• Following college I joined VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) and served in a migrant labor camp in Texas.
• After VISTA I married Joe Parker. Joe was a Boy’s Club Director and we served in several inner city and barrio areas in So. California.
• I served as Children’s Director and Family Pastor in three Orange County Churches. During this time I was a co—founder of CCMA
• Right after the Los Angeles riots, and while serving as Family Pastor at Mariners Church in Newport Beach, Campus Crusade approached me to develop a reproducible ministry to reach children in inner city areas of America, known today as S.A.Y. Yes! Centers of America.
• In 1998 I was invited along with 25 others, representing every continent of the world, to be part of a symposium in England. This was the initial gathering for the creation of a curriculum to equip people working with children living in difficult circumstances. Celebrating Children is taught today in Christian universities around the world.
• In 2001 KidTrek was begun, a unique ministry to equip the Church to disciple children.
Married for 47 years, I have three married children and eight grandchildren who walk with the Lord. The greatest gift a mother could ever have.